Feline Health Care
Wellness exams keep your cat as healthy as possible!
The feline wellness care at Locust Valley Veterinary Clinic is designed to provide comprehensive veterinary care for every life-stage, from kittenhood through his or her senior years. We are advocates of preventative health care, and will provide customized vaccination plans as well as helpful tips on home care that will keep your cat healthy, happy, and protected against preventable illnesses. Our veterinarians recommend that we see your cat at least once a year for a comprehensive wellness exam.
Feline care at Locust Valley includes:
- Wellness exams designed to maintain your cat’s good health, body condition, and oral health
- Health certificates, both domestic and international
- Diagnostic testing equipment should our veterinarians need additional information to diagnose your cat’s illness
- Professional dental care
- Weight and nutritional needs assessment
- Vaccine programs based on your cat’s lifestyle, including FVRCP, FELV, Rabies
- Feline Leukemia/immunodeficiency virus testing
- Microchipping so your cat can return home if he or she is ever lost
- Specialized care for your senior cat, including bi-annual wellness exams, to detect changing health conditions early
- General medicine services and a collaborative approach to diagnosing and managing chronic diseases such as diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney and liver disorders
- Dermatology care for conditions such as allergies and chronic ear infections
- Prescription foods for medical conditions